What is a support group?
A confidential facilitated group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer and/or transgender survivors of partner abuse to share and listen to each other’s experiences, give and get peer support, feedback and information, and help with safety planning. You can receive support over the phone or in person.
How do I get into support group?
Call The Network/La Red Hotline and speak with the hotline staff person about setting up an interview for support group. All support group members go through an interview process before beginning group so we can hear a little about your situation, go over group guidelines, and make sure it is a good match.
Does is cost anything?
No, it’s free, and in some cases, we can provide a stipend for childcare, parking, and/or transportation if needed.
In-person Support Group Facts:
- The space is wheelchair accessible
- It’s accessible via public transportation and by car
- Air filters are provided if needed
- ASL interpretation is provided if needed
- The group is facilitated in English with Spanish interpretation as needed