The TOD@S Leadership Crew (TLC) is a bilingual leadership development program for LGBQ/T* people of color affected by partner abuse/domestic violence.*
The purpose of the program is to:
- Create a community of support amongst LGBQ/T people of color affected by partner abuse
- Train participants in understanding and responding to partner abuse in LGBQ/T communities of color, including its relationship to racism, classism, sexism, homo/bi/transphobia and other forms of violence
- Support participants to create dialogue and/or action about partner abuse in LGBQ/T communities of color through a project of their choosing
What are the participant’s requirements?
- Applicants should identify as LGBQ/T and as people of color
- Applicants should identify as a person affected by partner abuse/domestic violence. This includes individuals who are directly affected by domestic violence/partner abuse, who are witnesses to partner abuse/domestic violence, or who support a friend, family member or co-worker who is a target of partner abuse/domestic violence.
- Applicants should have a love for their community and a passion for social justice.
- Applicants should be 18+ years of age.
How often and when will TLC meet?
We will meet every other Saturday for 3 hours each session for 7 months beginning July 18 2015.
What types of trainings will Peer Leaders Attend?
Some workshop topics include:
- Relationship / Team Building
- LGBQ/T 101 & LGBQ/T Partner Abuse
- Anti-Oppression 101: Working with LGBQ/T POC Communities
- Understanding Trauma & Vicarious Trauma; Resiliency & Vicarious Resiliency
- Project design & Implementation
To apply, please fill out the following application TLC Application 2015 (English) and email it to email@example.com. For more information please call Francesca at (617) 277 4194. The deadline for applications is June 5, 2015.