The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBQ/T partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBQ/T partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors of partner abuse we also organize and educate about the issue to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Weekend Hotline Staff
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Part time; Saturday 8am-4pm; Sunday 8am-4pm. We will consider hiring more than one person to fill these hours. In order to be considered you must be available for at least one 4-hour shift during the above time frames. Please specify your availability in your application.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide weekend hotline support for survivors of partner abuse from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised by: Community Services Manager
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, safety planning, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Pass on relevant direct service updates to overnight and day time staff.
- Maintain records as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be energetic and able to work independently.
Compensation: Hourly at $20.90 per hour
Application details: Position to start in March. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send a resume and cover letter:
- By email: csmanager [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.