Weekend Hotline Staff
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Part time; Saturday 8am-4pm; Saturday 4p-8p; Sunday 8am-4pm; Sunday 8pm-12am. We will consider hiring more than one person to fill these hours. In order to be considered you must be available for at least one 4-hour shift during the above time frames. Please specify your availability in your application.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide weekend hotline support for survivors of partner abuse from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised by: Community Services Manager
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, safety planning, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Pass on relevant direct service updates to overnight and day time staff.
- Maintain records as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be energetic and able to work independently.
Compensation: Hourly at $20.90 per hour
Application details: Position to start in March. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send a resume and cover letter:
- By email: csmanager [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114