Advocate – Housing Pathways Program
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Overall Responsibilities: Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised By: Housing Pathways Manager
Supervises: Direct service volunteers/interns
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Provide advocacy, court accompaniment, and short-term face-to-face support for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems).
- Work with guests in Phase One and Phase Two of the Housing Pathways Program
- Keep staff up-to-date on housing program availability.
- Conduct Phase One Housing Intakes and Phase Two Housing Assessments.
- Support Housing Program Participants in finding and transitioning from The Network/La Red’s Housing Program to appropriate longer-term housing, or transitioning from Phase One to Phase Two.
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish). In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: Salary in mid $40s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off.
Application details: Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Upload your resume and cover letter below or send to:
- By email: housingpathways [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114