Grassroots Fundraising Coordinator
The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with almost 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of partner abuse in the LGBQ/T communities. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with; the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We are committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work because we believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives. While we offer services for survivors of partner abuse we also organize and educate about the issue to improve the experiences of survivors and to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Role Title: Grassroots Fundraiser
Location: Massachusetts, this position works between two offices and out in the community
Hours: 40 hours/week; varied schedule with some evenings and weekends required
Supervises: Fundraising volunteers and interns
Supervised by: Co-Executive Director of OEO
The Grassroots Fundraiser works alongside the fundraising committee to develop a vision of fundraising for the organization. This position will research and advise the fundraising committee in developing an annual fundraising plan and then carry out that plan. Some of the overarching goals of this position include integrating fundraising throughout the organization and developing effective fundraising language that holds the values of the organization.
- Coordinate the Fundraising Committee: recruit members, convene, set agendas for, and facilitate committee meetings.
- With the Fundraising Committee, create and implement ambitious short-term and long-term grassroots fundraising plans to meet the organization’s financial goals and cultivate a culture of fundraising within the organization.
- Develop and implement communication strategies to maintain strong relationships with our donors and supporters. Coordinate annual Thank You Event and other thank you activities.
- Develop and coordinate the annual appeal.
- Create a major donor program.
- Update and maintain CRM database (donorperfect), provide reports and program information as it relates to fundraising.
- In consultation with the Fundraising Event Planner, coordinate the ask at our signature annual fundraising event, Paint the Town (la) Red.Coordinate cell phone drives.
- Coordinate with relevant staff on grassroots fundraising-related web and media outreach.
- Update and maintain CRM database (donorperfect), provide reports and program information as it relates to fundraising. Participate in program development and other organizational projects, committees and meetings.
- Provide support to survivors of LGBQ/T partner abuse as needed, including hotline.
- Other duties as assigned/necessary.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience – formal education is not required. While preferred, direct fundraising experience is not necessary – we are looking for translatable skills and will provide training. People of color, transgender people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrated experience in at least four of the following areas: grassroots fundraising; marketing; event planning; social media; communications; database management; LGBQ/T domestic violence; community outreach; volunteering; community organizing
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have outstanding organizational skills and incredible attention to detail
- Have exceptional listening and interpersonal skills – be diplomatic when communicating with people (in person, on the phone, and via email)
- Enjoy meeting people and developing relationships
- Have experience making and maintaining connections in community and represent an organization in professional and social settings
- Be bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Be a forward thinker and use creative problem-solving skills to consistently improve our grassroots fundraising
- Have exemplary time management skills to handle multiple projects and responsibilities with competing priorities
- Have a passion for social change/social justice
- Be adaptable and conduct themselves well under pressure
- Maintain enthusiasm working independently as well as within a team
The Network/La Red does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Compensation: Salary in low to mid $40s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off
Application details: Position to begin as soon as possible. Please send a resume, cover letter, and a writing sample. In the writing sample, motivate people into action or describe a time you have tried to motivate people into action. The writing sample should demonstrate how you communicate about an issue that you’re passionate about.
Please send all materials to:
- By email: ed.oeo [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114
- By filling out the form below: