The Network/La Red is a bilingual, grassroots, survivor-led organization working to end partner abuse in LGBQ/T, SM, and polyamorous communities. We do so through community organizing and education, movement-building, and providing direct services, and we’re looking for someone to join our dedicated staff.
Community Services Manager
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Full-time; Tuesday evenings, participate in on-call 24-hour back-up rotation as well as occasional other evenings and weekends
Overall Responsibilities: Supervise full-time advocate, part-time hotline staff and direct service volunteers and interns. Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities, coordinate and oversee daily functioning and development of bilingual hotline services and related direct services.
Supervised By: Director of Survivor Services
Supervises: Full time Advocate, Part-time hotline staff, direct service volunteers/interns
- Schedule and oversee hotline coverage by volunteers, interns, and paid staff.
- Provide direct services, including hotline support, crisis intervention, advocacy, court accompaniment, supportive counseling, support group facilitation, as well as services and information to survivors of partner abuse and people in their support systems.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Participate in program development and other organizational projects; committees, meetings and managing program logistics.
- Coordinate response to mail from prisoners.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish). In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least three of the following areas: Advocacy for and with survivors of partner abuse; crisis intervention; hotline support; work with LGBQ/T, poly, and/or SM communities; program coordination, supervision.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities with competing priorities.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: Salary in low $50s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off and flexible work schedules.
Application details: Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and letter to:
- By email: survivorservices [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By fax: 617.423.5651
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114