The Network/La Red is a bilingual, grassroots, survivor-led organization working to end partner abuse in LGBQ/T, SM, and polyamorous communities. We do so through community organizing and education, movement-building, and providing direct services, and we’re looking for someone to join our dedicated staff.
Community Services Manager
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Overall Responsibilities: Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities, coordinate and oversee daily functioning and development of bilingual hotline services and related direct services. Supervise full-time advocate, part-time hotline staff and direct service volunteers and interns.
Supervised By: Director of Survivor Services
Supervises: Full time Advocate, Part-time hotline staff, direct service volunteers/interns
- Schedule and oversee hotline coverage by volunteers, interns, and paid staff.
- Provide direct services, including hotline support, crisis intervention, advocacy, court accompaniment, supportive counseling and support group facilitation to survivors of partner abuse and people in their support systems.
- Rotate 24-hour back-up coverage for direct services
- Supervise full-time advocate, part-time hotline staff and direct service volunteers/interns.
- Manage program logistics (equipment, supplies, reimbursement, etc.)
- Participate in program development and other organizational projects.
- Coordinate response to mail from prisoners
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish). In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least three of the following areas: Advocacy for and with survivors of partner abuse; crisis intervention; hotline support; work with LGBQ/T, poly, and/or SM communities; program coordination, supervision.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: Salary in low $50s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off.
Application details: Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and letter to:
- By email: survivorservices [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By fax: 617.423.5651
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114