The Network/La Red is a bilingual, grassroots, survivor-led organization working to end domestic violence in LGBQ/T, SM, and polyamorous communities. We do so through community organizing and education, movement-building, and providing direct services, and we’re looking for someone to join our dedicated staff.
Community Services Advocate
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Overall Responsibilities: Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised By: Community Services Manager
Supervises: Direct service volunteers/interns
- Provide crisis intervention, counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Provide advocacy, court accompaniment, and short-term face-to-face support for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems).
- Provide initial interviews for support groups (in-person and conference call-based) and facilitate weekly group meetings.
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish). In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Salary in mid $40s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off.
Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and letter to:
- By email: email@example.com
- By fax: 617.423.5651
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114