Weekend Hotline Advocate
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Part time: Saturday 8am-4pm; Sunday 8am-4pm; Sunday 8pm-12am. We will consider hiring more than one person to fill these hours. In order to be considered you must be available for at least one 4-hour shift during the above time frames. Please specify your availability in your application.
Must also be able to attend monthly support meetings on the first and second Tuesday of the month from 7:00pm-9:00pm.
Primary Responsibilities: Provide weekend evening hotline support for survivors of partner abuse from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised by: Director of Survivor Services
• Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
• Provide initial interviews for support groups (in-person and conference call-based).
• Pass on relevant direct service updates to overnight and day time staff.
• Maintain records as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position. In addition, the ideal candidate will:
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
• Have a passion for social justice/social change.
• Have excellent listening and communication skills.
• Be energetic and able to work independently.
Compensation: Hourly at $19.23 per hour
• Position to start in March. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and letter:
• By email: community [at] tnlr [dot] org
• By fax: 617.423.5651
• By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114