The Network/La Red is a survivor-led, social justice organization with over 30 years’ experience working to end partner abuse in lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, SM, polyamorous, and queer communities. Our organization and staff are recognized locally and nationally as experts in providing survivor-centered services and as thought leaders on the issue of LGBQ/T partner abuse. We blend our history and commitment to being survivor-led, our analysis of LGBQ/T partner abuse, and our commitment to being an anti-oppressive organization to create a unique framework that is the foundation of our survivor-centered approach.
We are who we work with, the staff, volunteers, and board of directors of TNLR are members of the very communities the organization serves. We believe that survivors are the experts on their own lives and are therefore committed to centering survivor voices and leadership in all aspects of our work. While we offer services for survivors of partner abuse we also organize and educate about the issue to create the change we believe is possible for our communities.
Advocate- Housing Pathways Program
This is a bilingual (English/Spanish) position
Hours: Full-time; some evenings and weekends required
Primary Responsibilities: Provide direct services for survivors of partner abuse and their children from LGBQ/T, SM and/or polyamorous communities.
Supervised By: Housing Pathways Manager
Supervises: Direct service volunteers/interns
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counseling, and information/referrals for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems) through the hotline.
- Provide advocacy, court accompaniment, and short-term face-to-face support for survivors of partner abuse (and people in their support systems).
- Work with guests in Phase One and Phase Two of the Housing Pathways Program
- Keep staff up-to-date on housing program availability.
- Conduct Phase One Housing Intakes and Phase Two Housing Assessments.
- Support Housing Program Participants in finding and transitioning from The Network/La Red’s Housing Program to appropriate longer-term housing, or transitioning from Phase One to Phase Two.
- Assist survivors with Victim Compensation, Address Confidentiality Program, and other resources as needed.
- Provide follow-up contacts with service participants as appropriate.
- Maintain comprehensive referral list.
- Maintain relationships with community groups, organizations, advocates, etc. to facilitate advocacy and referrals.
- Attend coalitions, roundtables, etc. as appropriate to increase awareness of The Network/La Red’s direct services.
- Participate in internal meetings, committees, projects, etc. as appropriate.
- Maintain records, statistics, provide reports as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned/needed.
Qualifications: We hire for life experience. People of color, trans people, survivors of partner abuse especially encouraged to apply. Applicants must be bilingual (English/Spanish). In addition, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience in at least two of the following areas: LGBQ/T partner abuse work; other partner abuse work; direct services/crisis intervention.
- Have a passion for social justice/social change.
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to juggle multiple responsibilities, including the tension between daily tasks, current projects, and crisis intervention.
- Be energetic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Compensation: Salary in mid $40s, full health insurance (HPHC) and dental insurance (Delta Dental), Simple IRA, generous time off.
Application details: Position to start as soon as possible. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Send resume and letter to:
- By email: housingpathways [at] tnlr [dot] org
- By post: P.O. Box 6011, Boston MA 02114